Requesting a Transcript
Transcript requests are now ordered and paid for through the National Student Clearinghouse.
To place a transcript order with the National Student Clearinghouse, click here
If you are a current student, you also may order official transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse after logging in to your self-service account
It is your responsibility to provide a complete and accurate address when ordering. An incomplete or inaccurate address either will cause delays in the receipt of your transcript or prevent the transcript from being delivered. Under these circumstances, you will have to reorder and pay for another transcript.Note
: If there is a Bursar Hold on your account, your order will not be processed. Holds include cashier restrictions and Stafford Loan or Perkins Loan exit requirements. Contact the Student Administrative Services Center at 860.768.4999 for general questions about Bursar Holds.
- Orders are not accepted via email, fax, or telephone.
- Transcripts are not faxed or sent electronically.
- Transcripts are not processed on days when the University is closed.
- All transcripts are subject to verification.
- A “regular” request will be mailed out within 10 business days from receipt of the request. Requests are received by the Transcript Department the following business day after they are placed.
- A “rush” request will be mailed out within three business days from receipt of request. Online requests are received by the Transcript Department the business day after they are placed.
- Transcripts are sent out through regular first-class mail.
For further details, please call the transcript office at 860.768.5588.
- A regular request for a single copy is $4.
- If ordering multiple copies, the first copy is $4; additional copies are $1 each.
- Rush requests are $10 each copy.
- The National Clearinghouse charges a processing fee. Orders sent to the same recipient are charged a single fee. Orders sent to multiple recipients are charged a fee for each separate recipient.